UFTAA’s mission is to be an international forum where matters affecting the world travel industry are addressed, representing and defending the interests of incoming and outgoing tour operators, travel and tourism agencies before the governmental bodies, suppliers and other entities of international scope. It also aims at strengthening its members’ image and enhances the world travel and tourism industry and a sustainable tourism.
- To comply with its mission, the Confederation develops the following functions:
- To unite and consolidate the Federations of Travel Agents’ National Associations and to globally enhance the interests of their members ;
- To represent the travel agents’ activities before various world-wide bodies, governmental authorities and suppliers ;
- To work towards the adoption of measures that will ease travel for the consumer and to offer services to its member federations ;
- To be an investigation and information Centre supporting the member Federations’ work and to offer information for technological development ;
- To offer, as a voluntary mechanism, an arbitration service which assists in solving conflicts resulting from commercial relations for which amicable settlement cannot be reached ;
- To organize a world congress of travel agents and other meetings necessary to the exchange and transmission of knowledge.
Written by Administrator